Friday, March 19, 2010

Cheshire Cat Outfit & Phantasium

It's been a long few days. Wednesday I had this idea for an outfit for this weekend (a fantasy market named Phantasium in Eindhoven, my boyfriend and I are going both days). At Thursday I bought some fabric and started working on it. I'm going as the Cheshire Cat. To be honest, this idea was not at all inspired by the new Tim Burton movie (I haven't even seen that one yet, but I'm planning to!) I've always loved Alice in Wonderland (the original book is still the best!). The outfit isn't VERY special or complicated, I actually only made some assecories to go with some cloths I already own.

I made a pair of leg warmers, a pair of arm warmers, a tail, something to pull up my skirt a bit at one spot, a pair of cat ears on hair clips and a choker with a bell. Almost everything is striped, in blue and pink (I wanted blue and purple but the fabric shop I went to didn't have the fabric I wanted in purple :(). Ah, also, I finally painted a shirt! I already had the shirt (I need more.) and ideas, but for this outfit I came up with a better (well, bigger anyway) design so I just did that.

This is what the living room looked like:

And the freshly painted shirt:

I used my old little digital camera so the photographs aren't very good and very grainy.

I'll try to get a picture of the complete outfit this weekend, stay tuned for updates ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment