Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Museum Trip: GemeenteMuseum Den Haag

At Tuesday I went to the Gemeentemuseum in Den Haag (NL) with my boyfriend. Because he's not that much into art we had planned on visiting the temporary exhibition first, then check on the time, then possibly visit the permanent collection of the museum and then go into the city Den Haag and shop for a while, making it a nice day out.
Unfortunately the day started with our train being delayed which meant we were at the museum much later. Also, it was a bit crowded which slowed us down a lot, too. In the end we decided not to check out the permanent collection. Too bad. But, better next time!

Het Gemeentemuseum, Den Haag:
I had been wanting to visit the temporary exhibition about Cézanne, Picasso and Mondriaan for a while now, but hadn't had the time or means to actually go. With the end of the exhibition getting closer (the 24th of January) my boyfriend and I decided to go. I was really happy about this.

I made a lot of pictures of the paintings and other artworks displayed, and also bought the catalogue and a bunch of postcards (for my collection).

Here are the works of art that really caught my eye:
More coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment