Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Movie: Avatar 3D

Today I went to the movie Avatar (3D) for the second time.
Reviews are quite hard for me to do, so I'm not going to even try to make this blogentry longer than a few paragraphs. Anyway, this really is one of my favourite movies. I will definately buy the special edition(?) DVD when it comes out. I'm not a big fan of digital animations, because it  usually looks very unreal, unlife-like. But here, well, I barely remembered it was digitally animated at all. Of course, the technique used (motion capture and computer generated image) which makes the images much more believable and lifelike, but still.
Of course, it's not perfect, I mean we all understand these creatures aren't real (how I wish they were) and of course you can kinda see it. I wonder how the images would look like if this technique was used to make human characters. How perfect would they look? (Of course it would be silly to make actors do stuff and then generate the images by computer, but you know what I mean)


Oh well, it's just a bloody amazing movie. Go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment