Thursday, October 1, 2009

About painting on fabric

Hello there!


I still haven't completely figured blogger out, yet, but I think I'm getting there..  *arm wrestles with the images*


*Should really get to know other people out there on Blogger*

Today I was still ill, as I have been for a whole week now. Even though I do feel better than last week, it’s still no good going to school. I wouldn’t be able to stand the sounds, the chatter, kinda everything.
But, since I felt a bit better I decided I would try how much I could take. I started to sew something, it was meant to be a simple bird, but since I’m not very good at sewing (yet) and I’m too lazy to find a pattern, the project failed. My headache growing much worse didn’t help very much either so I quit and took a break.

After a while I thought I’d try something else, something less difficult. Therefore, I cut out a little patch of white fabric and a piece of paper, and started drawing on the paper. When I decided it was good enough I traced the lines with a black marker and then traced the drawing on the fabric with pencil. I got my textile paints (I recently bought a gold one, it now appears to have glitters in it...) and brushes to paint the fabric. I don’t have many colours (black, white, red and gold - I need silver!) so I’ll just do what I can and wait until some more colours come along and I’ll be able to finish this. Maybe my mum's got some more colours, I'll ask her later today.

Damn, I should have tea-stained the fabric before I started...

Here’s the work in progress:



The design is inspired by steampunk, tea parties and Emilie Autumn.  (Silly me prefers the drawing over the painting. A lot.)

Remembering that I really enjoyed making my patch for the quilt, which I did in a rush, but still, I enjoyed making it and that's what counts. (it was a project on the Emilie Autumn forum, everyone that signed up would make a patch and then send it to one person, who is going to make it one, big quilt, and then it will be given to Emilie Autumn as a present. How rad)
I think I’m going to do something like this again.. If I don't forget, I'll show you the result :)

To be honest, the reason I've got these textile paints is because I have been wanting to paint something on a top. But afraid as I am that I'll make a mistake, even though I bought a cheap top especially for this (which happens to fit really well), I haven't done it yet. I did try some little designs out, though.


Here are a few of them:





Inspired by Alice in Wonderland





Inspired by, obviously, tea parties, Alice in Wonderland (or even Emilie Autumn, secretly). This piece of cloth now adorns my bag! ^^




-- Inmate --

Plain something, inspired by Emilie Autumn (did you notice I take a lot of inspiration from her? I'm a big fan, you'll find out.)


 

These last two actually are my first tries with textile paint. Both inspired by Emilie Autumn, among other things. I really want to paint a big rat on my top! But I can't really choose because I've got so many other ideas... For example, I'd like a David Bowie quote, too (like "Is there life on mars?" on the front and "David Bowie" on the back).

Note to self: I need more tops!


Well, I think that is quite enough for one blog! See you next time, I hope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment