Saturday, May 1, 2010

Queen's Day - The Aftermath

Queen's Day was a succes. I could have sold more, perhaps, but I already earned much more money than I expected. Then again, it was a flea market and people don't expect to buy jewellery for a bit more (I did lower my prices very much for this special 'first selling' occasion). However, I do expect a different buying pattern on my webshop (and people with (more) different tastes) so I'm not going to let this lead my thoughts on, about what kind of jewellery to make. I just want to make things I like myself, you know. ;) (No worries about that though!)

Anyway, here's a picture!


This is somewhere at the end of the day so the stand is a bit messy.

I know, I know, I was trying to sell way too much things at the same time, people barely looked through the baskets with jewellery. Oh well, better next time ;)

I learnt a lot this day!
- make the stand less crowded
- more difference in height
- more things on display
- hang up jewellery (like I did on the photograph, I only did this after a few hours)
- take with me a nice rug or something to put underneath the stand so I can crawl to the other side (since I could barely walk around the stands next to me)
- make better price cards
- get little paper bags to put in what people buy (even if it is just because it looks nice!)
- get more stand-space
- take with me a little table so I don't have to put junk on the stand, it looks very messy (and makes the stand even more crowded)
- the stand/display needs to be more clear, things need to be seen better
- make a few big signs, for example with my website and that all things are handmade
- always bring the boyfriend with me, he knows how to talk.
etc

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you did Queen's Day! That's so nice :D Hope you had fun! And congrats on selling more than you expected. :) That;s awesome!

    ReplyDelete