Monday, February 1, 2010

Emilie Autumn Gift Project: The Mobile (forum), Part II

PART I

It's been a while since I did anything real for the Emilie Autumn forum gift project, the mobile. I did think a lot about it, but never got around doing something, making something, or even posting my sketches on the forum until today.
Today I got my felt, and the lovely thread my mum got me (all colours of the rainbow! Yay!) and started to make some try-outs.

My first ideas were a bit complex, and though the concept was nice, the actual 3D making of a teacup and teapot, by sewing, I realised wasn't really going to happen. Too much work and I'm too much of an amateur to do that.

So I rethought how I was going to make this and came up with a very easy way (perhaps a little too easy, but still. I might even make these things for my future webshop...)

Unfortunately I didn't have much white felt so I could only make the teapot, and not the teacup yet. The teapot isn't the final one, anyway. I don't like the ear, it's too floppy, so I'm going to make a new one. It was absolutely easy to make this, and that makes me really happy, and positive about what's coming :)
After the teapot, I decided I would probably make Emilie and the crumpets each a little felt trinket, because I still wanted to give them something all on my own, but I hadn't come up with a good idea yet. So, for now, I'll stick with the felt trinkets. :)

Anyway, here are today's results;
By the way, the thread used in the teapot is actually bright pink.

1) Felt teapot tryout 1 2) Felt bone 3) Felt heart 4) Red Heart, flat

Of course, this is all undecorated.

No comments:

Post a Comment