Sunday, April 11, 2010

A little break on crafting

No crafting at all for me tonight! And hopefully I will be able to pull that off at least tomorrow as well. Not yet an hour ago being surrounded by such a big crafting mess and supplies, unfinished things and finished things waiting to be properly put in bags and price tagged and whatever drove me insane. So I decided I would put it all away, out of my room for a little while. Maybe now I'll be able to update more regularly ;) (And do some more things just for myself like reading and drawing, which are things I have neglected very badly the last.. year!)

Anyway, today the boyfriend and I went to a fair in my town, I bought a few lovely mouse hairclips (blue and pink) and after that, when we got home (my place) again we cleared the dinner table and experimented with filling a stand. A friend and I hired a stand on the 'Oranje markt' (orange market) at Queen's Day (30th of April) to sell stuff we made ourselves (as I told before). Although for her this is more for fun and maybe a little bit of money, for me this kinda is serious business. It will be the first time I actually get to find out if people would buy my stuff (except for my mum, grandmother, aunt and mother in law :P) and if they are willing to pay what I ask for it (though I must admit I lowered the prices VERY much for the market). After the market I'll hopefully be able to finally open a webshop :) I'm very excited! It gives me something to work for, something to do. Though it means a lot of stress as well.
But! Where was I? Ah, Kevin and I spent the whole afternoon experimenting with how I would put things on my stand. In the end 2 meters suddenly is very little space :S I thought I would have so much space left and the opposite is true! Having only two meters of space for my merchandise means I don't have any space for my left-overs (old jewellery I wanted to sell to make room for new things), cards, felt plushies and whatever I still wanted to make but had not yet started on. So, I guess this IS somehow good, namely that I've got less things to make so less to worry about. On the other hand I was pretty excited to make those things because this would be the perfect opportunity to see if people would buy them. Oh well, maybe I'll still make some little things.

Ah! This blog entry has become much longer than I anticipated! :P

So, what AM I going to do if not crafting?
I would like to..
- update my blog more often
- catch up on things I still need to blog about
- change the information on my blog, I need a new introduction fast!
- start on a nice lay-out for my website (I'll need loads of help from Kevin though since I've never made a website lay-out before)
- update and add information on my website
- Start accumulating pictures for my online portfolio!

Bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment